Friday, July 30, 2010

Expensive taxi rates irk transport user

Expensive taxi rates irk transport user

I TRAVEL regularly from Malacca to Kuala Lumpur.

Every Friday, I rush home to Malacca by bus and reach Malacca the earliest at 10.30pm.

Sad to say the local bus service does not operate at that time.

My house is about less than one km from the Malacca bus station.

After alighting from the bus, I am often approached by taxi drivers and on two ocassions when I asked how much would it cost to my house which is one km away, the answer was a whopping RM15. This is ridiculous.

So, more often than not I walk home, which takes about 15 minutes.

My questions is, why has the Malacca state government not considered improving the public transport?

Does not the Government notice the fact there are no bus services at around 10.30pm?

Should it not be a logical conclusion that people still need public transport at that hour?.

The relevant authorities should also conduct an inspection on taxi drivers who charge extorbitant amounts for short distances.

Taxi drivers like these at the Malacca Central Station give the state such a bad name. I am in fact very frustrated with the attitude of these taxi drivers. I hope a solution can be found soon for people like us who rely on public transport.

-News courtesy of The Star-

No comments:

Post a Comment